Monday, May 21, 2012

OMG! What am I doing?

I'm promising myself that once school is out for me, I will be able to keep this blog updated and share my experience in detail.  Right now, there are four more days of work left for me and I'm getting it together.  I have plans to sell my car on Wednesday.  We will see what happens when Wednesday comes.  I thought about it today.  This new job opportunity is going to seem seriously real to me once my prized possession is sold.  I was so proud of myself to buy the car cash almost three years ago.  I have the title to it and even though it is now 15 years old, it is mine!  Hell, I might cry now that I think about it.  Of course, I will wait and do all my crying once the guy drives off in it.  I'll let you know what I end up doing.  I have to clean out the car tomorrow and get it ready to move on to the next owner.  God, what am I doing?  I've been asking myself that lately.  Every time I do that, it seems like I get more confirmation that what I'm doing has got to be the right thing and I'm on the right path for my life.  Better be.

The word going around the EMT community is that we will be leaving for Abu Dhabi in mid August.  Orientation in Abu Dhabi is on August 27.  That means I will probably depart the week of August 12 at the earliest.  I'm excited and anxious at the same time.  I'm thinking that it's not really going to hit me until I'm on the plane.  Then I'll have a slight nervous breakdown, while looking at pictures of my entire family, cry a river and an ocean, get myself together, pray, drink a glass of wine, and sleep off the tomfoolery my nerves and emotions are going to put me through.  When I wake up I'll be happy that I was crazy enough to take the leap of faith and that there is no fear.  I'll be happy that I'm headed to a new job, new part of the world, new culture, new experience, new adventure, a new life, the good life!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. My feelings are all over the place. Sometimes I'm all in and other times I'm like ummm what is this... So far everything has gone smoothly, so this momentum needs to continue into school placement and housing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reginia, things have been going pretty smoothly for me so far too. Once I get those tickets, then it's going to hit me. However, I'm glad I have met you and the other EMTs. It has made this process less nerve wracking and I know I have some support come what may with wondering where our housing will be, what grade level we will teach, and school placements. It will all work out is what I keep telling myself. I know it will.

    ReplyDelete