Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Should Be Grading Papers

Well, it's getting near my bedtime here in Abu Dhabi and once again I am finding other things to do besides close my eyes and go to sleep.  I should really be grading papers, but pushing that aside too.  I will do it, just maybe not tonight...okay maybe I'll do 5! 

I'm still living at the luxurious Yas Viceroy Hotel on Yas Island here in Abu Dhabi and our time was just extended today for five additional days.  I will be moving soon, but not sure where exactly.  This has been quite the adventure and most definitely a life experience I will never ever forget!  I think I might have the patience of Job (okay not that much) but it's pretty darn close.  I'm ready to move into my own place now though and it will more than likely happen in the next week or so.  Until then, I will continue to enjoy the "good life" at this here nice five star hotel that I had been secretly wanting to stay in anyway.  God has a sense of humor!  

Last week we had some "fog days" where the fog was so thick you cannot drive.  It was like no fog I had ever seen in my life!  Check it out!

The fog outside of the Yas Viceory Hotel...guess we don't need the valet to get the car for work. Let's go have some coffee and chillax until the fog clears.  That's how they do it here.  

Fog day #2:  My view at breakfast...can't see ish out there!

I had to post this Maybach we saw one night.  Yeah we see this ALOT!! I see Bugattis, several Rolls Royces, Maseratis, Ferraris, Range Rovers, BMWs, and Mercedes vehicles on a daily basis.  Go figure...

I had to post this!  I was in the newspaper and yes that is me with my head down sitting on the curb by my neighbor. No, I was not in distress, but we had been waiting to find out news about what we needed to do for about 2 hours!!  When the photographer came around with the camera, I said oh no I don't want a picture.  So, I put my head down.  No one told me there would be a photo shoot!! I had on my bedroom slippers and my MAC was in my apartment!  Ughhh! Well I never!!

Hopefully we will be settled by November!  Ha ha!  Until then, I will keep you posted.  All is well and I am sure God will once again show me His favor with my new apartment.

I still haven't graded these papers!  I'm putting myself in timeout for that.  Bad teacher!  

No comments:

Post a Comment