Saturday, November 24, 2012

We Did That!

Okay, I'm a little late on this, but I did run...ha ha...jogged and walked (I'll be honest) in the Dubai Women's 5K.  There was also a 10K and no ma'am, no sir, I did not go that far.  But I am proud of my accomplishment with the 5K.  The run was in the morning, so the weather was perfect and the view of the Arabian Gulf (aka...Persian Gulf) was absolutely stunning as we ran along the waterfront.  We ran on the Palm Jumeirah, one of Dubai's famous landmarks, a part of that man made archipelago.  This is also where the Atlantis Hotel is located so I got to the see the outside of that luxurious palace like building.  Maybe one day I will go and stay a night there, depending on how many dirhams I have to part with cause that ain't cheap.  We will see.  

Anyway, I was happy to do this with my Abu Dhabi friends/family!! Love those ladies!  We even got a really nice shirt and a medal!!  You can see mine in the pictures around my neck. I will cherish it forever! LOL!  We rock!  Here are a few pictures from the race.


  










No comments:

Post a Comment