Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Can I Get A Window Seat?

I know I'm supposed to be updating this blog everyday but, I have been so busy doing nothing until, I just haven't done it.  So, what's been going on lately?  Well, in the past couple of weeks, I've celebrated my last birthday in the United States at least for the next two years!  I've visited friends and continued my new pasttime of ordering stuff online!  Wal-Mart loves me and so does Amazon.com!

Last week, all English Medium Teachers (EMTs), which includes me, received an email from the travel agency welcoming us and letting us know that the etickets are on the way.  Yay!  I was hoping that email was the eticket.  I got all nervous and excited for nothing!  They really know how to play with our emotions.  I'm ready to go, even though I'm not packed yet.  The email did inform us that travel arrangements will be made and be ready to depart.

That put the fire under my tail and I got my two suitcases organized.  I'm still not packed to walk out of the door though.  I'm working on it.  I'll be ready to pack it all up to go at a moment's notice as soon as they email me that eticket. 

Wow!  This is finally happening!  Whew, there is alot I still have to do too.  I think.  Anyway, I was just happy to get the email so that I can stop thinking maybe we all got Punk'd and Ashton Kutchner was going to knock on the door with the cameras! Haaaaa!  But this is very real and I am getting a little more excited by the little teasing emails because we got another one today from the education council.  Yippee!  An amusing part of the message was the following:  deferrals will not be entertained!  I know that's right!  I guess you can't blame them.  If you said you are going, don't be emailing or calling talking about you want to wait and leave later.  Whatever date your eticket says, your rass is going! That's fine with me!  Abu Dhabi here I come!  Oh, and...Can I get a window seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment